Applications are invited for Scholarships for Erasmus Mundus Master in Women’s and Gender Studies (GEMMA). The Erasmus Mundus scholarship covers the programme’s tuition fees and participation costs.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Women’s and Gender Studies (GEMMA).
Scholarship Award: The Erasmus Mundus scholarship covers the programme’s tuition fees and participation costs. Additionally, the scholarship includes a monthly contribution to subsistence costs (1.000 euros during the 24-month duration of the Programme) and a yearly contribution to the travel and installation costs. The GEMMA Consortium pays the grants to students according to specific payment arrangements which are communicated to the grantees in advance.
Nationality: Students from EU and from outside European Union are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligible Countries: Students from EU and from outside European Union are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should be in possession of at least a University Bachelor degree (or its equivalent: 180 ECTS, minimum 3 years of study).
- Candidates should have proven knowledge of the language of instruction of the GEMMA Home Institution and of the language of the Mobility Institution (please see the “Languages” section of the instructions below for more details).
- Candidates must correctly fill in the online application form, including all attachments, and be able to post hard copies of all required documents when requested to do so.
- Candidates must submit their application within the deadline.
- Candidates must be able to commit to full-time study during the 2 years period of the course and must be able to complete the compulsory international mobility route.
- Candidates must indicate the preferences for the mobility route – all combinations are possible provided that they include two different universities in two different European countries (it is therefore not possible to select Granada-Oviedo and Oviedo-Granada).
- Candidates from outside the European Union must be able to meet all legal visa proceedings.
Method of Application: Candidates should complete the application form in all sections. Applications can be completed in any of the official teaching languages of the GEMMA Consortium (English, Italian or Spanish). However, candidates should fill in the application in the language of instruction of the institution they choose as their 1st preference home university. Therefore, if you are applying to Granada or Oviedo as the 1st preference home university, you should fill in the application in Spanish, while if you are applying to CEU, York, Lodz or Utrecht, you should do so in English. For Bologna, you can use either English or Italian. Failure to choose the correct language for your application could result in automatic rejection.
The application form should be submitted online via the GEMMA webpage. Only exceptionally, if this was not possible due to technical difficulties, candidates may email it to gemma-at-ugr.es, always before the deadline and after having informed the central coordination about the nature of the difficulties experienced.
The following documents (originals) must be scanned and attached to the online application: (For further instructions, see the file “List of required documents”)
- The CV (should follow the Europass template: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/EuropassCV/CVTemplate.cs p)
- Diploma (where necessary, the candidate must provide a translation into any of the GEMMA working languages)
- Official transcript of academic records (where necessary, the candidate must provide a translation into any of the GEMMA working languages)
- Separate Average grade certificate (if not included in the Official transcripts of Academic Records)
- Language certificate (GEMMA Home University)
- Language certificate (GEMMA Mobility University)
- Motivation letter 8. A photocopy of the candidate’s passport
- Proof of residence at the time of applying
- Letters of recommendation
Please see paragraph IIIa below for detailed instructions on the submission of letters of recommendation.
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 15, 2019