SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics, invitesÂ Secondary school, Undergraduate, Masterâ€™s and PhD student members all over the world to apply for theÂ Optics and Photonics Education Scholarship.
Eligible Countries:Â All
To Be Taken At (Country):Â Any
Course Level:Â Secondary school, Undergraduate, Masterâ€™s and PhD.
Eligibility Criteria:Â All Students, both full- and part-time are eligible to apply.
- You must be aÂ Student MemberÂ of SPIE. Standard Student Membership Fee is $20 (US).
- High school, pre-university, secondary school students will receive a one-year complimentary Student Membership. Fill in theÂ Pre-College Membership Application FormÂ and return toÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be enrolled in an optics or photonics program or related field
- Must be in school for the full academic year beginning Fall 2018
- Two recommendations are required. Family members/relatives/students are not eligible to write recommendations.
- If applicable, allÂ Annual Scholarship ReportsÂ must be on file with SPIE if you received a scholarship previously.Â Please contactÂ email@example.comÂ to confirm that your report is on file (if applicable).
- Incomplete applications will not be submitted for consideration.
- All students will be notified of the results of their application in May
Selection Criteria:Â The key criterion in evaluating and ranking applications is the â€œprospect for long-term contribution that the granting of an award will make to the field of optics, photonics or related field.â€ Need,Â in andÂ of itself, shall not be considered as a criterion.
All scholarship applications are judged on their own merit, based on the experience and education level of the individual student. High school (pre-university, secondary school), undergraduate, and graduate students will be judged relative to other applicants with similar educational backgrounds.
Value of Award:Â The Education Scholarship award amountsÂ varyÂ from $2,500 to $11,000 and typically support tuition, books, research activities, and other education-related expenses.
Method of Application:Â Optics and Photonics Education Scholarship ApplicationÂ
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 15th February 2019