The Government of Flanders has launched a new scholarship programme, Master Mind Scholarships for international students for 2019/2020.
Course Level:Â Masters
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries:Â All
To be taken at (country):Â Various universities inÂ Belgium
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University College
- University College Ghent
Eligible Field of Study:Â The program holds for all study areas.
Offered Since:Â 2015
Eligibility Criteria:Â The Flemish host institution applies on behalf of the student.
General eligibility requirements
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter â€˜Flemish host institutionâ€™).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Selection:Â A Flemish selection committee awards the scholarships, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training.
Number of Awardees:Â 30 to 40
Value of Scholarship:Â The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum â‚¬8000,- per academic year.
Duration of Scholarship:Â The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
Method of Application:Â
- You can find more information in the guidelines for application in the Scholarship Webpage link.
- You need to contact the Flemish higher education institution to inquire about their internal selection procedures and deadline for submitting the application.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Varies by institution.Â Some institutions have as deadline 1st February 2019!Â Apply early!