Rice University has launched the 2019 Business Plan Competition designed to give collegiate entrepreneurs a real-world experience to pitch their startups to investors, receive mentoring, network with the entrepreneurial ecosystem, enhance their startup strategy, and learn what it takes to launch a successful startup.
Course Level:Â Entrepreneurship/Contest
Eligible Countries:Â All
To Be Taken At (Country):Â Houston, Texas
Sectors:Â business plans and companies should fall into one of four categories, or sectors:
- Life Science â€“ includes (but not limited to) Medical Devices, Therapeutics, Diagnostics, Health IT, Biotechnology
- Energy/Clean Technology â€“ includes (but not limited to) Sustainability, Water, Battery Technologies, Control Systems, Smart Metering, PV Technology, Natural Gas, Transportation/Mobility, Oil & Gas Technologies, Algae, Fuel Cells, Hybrid Vehicles
- Technology â€“ Includes (but is not limited to): Mobile Apps, Software, Digital Media, Consumer Web, Bto-B Applications, Enterprise Software, SAAS, Internet, Web, Virtual Reality, Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Drones, Hardware, Robotics, Unmanned Vehicles
- Other Innovations â€“ Includes (but is not limited to): Advanced Materials, Nanotechnology, Composites,Â Nanotechnology, Consumer, Other Technology
Teams must choose one sector/category for their companies. Teams may chose a second sector/category, though a second sector/category is optional and not required. Please choose sectors/categories that best align with your companyâ€™s product, technology, system or mission.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Teams must meet all the following eligibility requirements in the Program Webpage below
Value of Award:Â
- Rice University will provide an intense, immersive experience over the course three days for student startup founders to pitch to investors, receive multiple rounds of feedback and advance their startup.
- There will be over $1 million in prizes, and all 42 teams who compete at Rice University in Houston are guaranteed to win cash prizes. The minimum cash prize is $500 and the grand prize winner receives a $300,000 investment (typically in the form of a convertible debt note, without geographic restrictions.)
Duration of Program:Â April 4-6, 2019
Method of Application:Â Submit your application online atÂ www.rbpc.rice.edu
It is important to go through all application instructions and eligibility requirements before applying.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 10th February, 2019