Eligible Countries:Â Partner countries
To be taken at (country):The SUTROFOR MSc Course isÂ organisedÂ by a Consortium which includes five of the best European universities within the field of forest and nature management:
- UniversityÂ of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Bangor University, School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor (UK)
- DresdenÂ University of Technology, Institute of International Forestry and Forest Products, Tharandt (Germany)
- AgroParisTech, Paris Institute of Technology for Life, Food and Environmental Sciences, Montpellier (France)
- University of Padova, TESAF Department, School of Agriculture,Â Padova (Italy)
The SUTROFOR Consortium alsoÂ includesÂ the following non-European associate partners:Â Tribhuvan University inÂ Nepal,Â SokoineÂ University of Agriculture in Tanzania, Centro AgronÃ³mico Tropical de InvestigaciÃ³n y EnseÃ±anza in Costa Rica and Makerere University, Uganda.
These scholarships can be awarded to masters students from all countries other than the EU member states and EEA/EFTAÂ states:Â Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Iceland, LichtensteinÂ andÂ Norway. Furthermore, you must comply withÂ a 12 months rule: i.e you must not be a resident nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
To be eligible for evaluation your application for a student scholarship must include a certificate â€“ i.e. an official document â€“ verifying your place of residence.
TheÂ SUTROFOR programme supports visiting scholars staying at one of theÂ partner universities for a period of 1-3 weeks. The weekly living allowance including travel costs is 1.200 EUR.
Scholars must be establishedÂ researchersÂ and teachers. During their stayÂ with one or more SUTROFOR partnerÂ universitiesÂ they will carry out researchÂ and teaching activities, for example by contributing toÂ established courses, temporaryÂ seminars/workshops or withÂ supervisionÂ of students.
Value of Award:
- Contribution to the travel and installation costs
- Contribution to subsistence costs
Duration of Programme:
- Degree Program: 2 years
- Visiting Scholars: 1-3 months
Method of Application:Â
- Degree Program: It is important to go through the Admission requirements andÂ Application procedure before applying
- Visiting Scholars: Download theÂ application formÂ
Scholarship Application Deadline:15th January 2019