The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launchingÂ the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replacesÂ Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
Eligible countries:Â International students (especially from developing countries)
To be taken in (country):Â Sweden
Accepted Subject Areas:Â SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of masterâ€™s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2019.Â Check the list of masterâ€™s programmes that are eligible for SISGP.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must
- have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- be from an eligible country
- display academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible masterâ€™s programmes..
- have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies.
- Read more aboutÂ theÂ selection criteria, target countries, and eligible master programmes (in link below)Â before applying.
Number of Scholarships:Â Approximately 300Â scholarships will be awarded
- Tuition fees:Â directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership ofÂ the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL)Â â€“ a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership ofÂ the SI Alumni NetworkÂ after your scholarship period â€“ a platform for continued networking and further professional development
*Â The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
Duration of Scholarships:Â The Swedish Institute Study ScholarshipsÂ is intended for full-time masterâ€™s level studies of one or two years, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
Method of Application:Â The application process consists of these steps.
- Apply for a masterâ€™s programme at universityadmissions.se
- Apply for a SISGP scholarship
- Notifications from University Admissions
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship recipients
It is important to go through ALL Application requirements before applying for this scholarship
Scholarship Application Deadline:
- To begin with, apply for a masterâ€™s programme atÂ universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2018 â€“ 15 January 2019.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 4-14 February 2019, follow the instructions below.