The World Bank Group, in its effort to provide graduate students practical experience in global development, is offering World Bank paid internship for Young Graduates.
Course Level:Â Internship
To be taken at (country):Â Most positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices).
PriorityÂ Fields:Â This internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
Selection Criteria :Â Fluency in English is required. Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for the internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Masterâ€™s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity). Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
Number of Positions:Â Several
Value of Programme:Â The Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
Duration of Programme:Â A minimum of four weeks
Method of Application:Â This application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are mandatory).
- Provide the most current contact information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be the main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note:Â Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.Â All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
VisitÂ program webpageÂ to apply
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â The World Bank paid Internship is offered during two seasons, and applications are accepted during the following periods:
- Summer Internship (Juneâ€“September):Â The application period for the Summer Internship is 1stÂ December 2018 to 31st January 2019.
- Winter Internship (Decemberâ€“March):Â The application period for the Winter Internship will be 1stÂ October 2019 to 31st October 2019.
Sponsors:Â World Bank Group