If youâ€™re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of Â£4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
Course Level:Â Masters
Eligible Countries:Â African countries
To be taken at (country):Â UK
Eligibility Criteria:Â Interested candidates must meetÂ allÂ of the following conditions:
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified above
- be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2017-18 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table below:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
- You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries: Bangladesh, Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Vietnam
Selection Criteria:Â University of Essex will assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
Number of Awards:Â Not specified
Value of Program:Â Â£4,000
Duration of Program:Â 1 Year
Method of Application:Â
- Weâ€™ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
- If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You donâ€™t need to complete an application form.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 30th September 2019