The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa ScholarshipsÂ offer an exciting opportunity of funding forÂ studentsÂ who are ordinarily resident in one ofÂ Standard Bankâ€™s African presence countries, with a preference forÂ residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
Eligible Countries:Â African countriesÂ preferablyÂ residents of Â South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
To be taken at (country):Â London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE),Â UK
Eligible Field of Study:Â The scholarships are for offer holders on the following LSE masterâ€™s programmes:
- MSc Environmental and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
Eligibility Criteria:Â These scholarships are designed toÂ provideÂ the opportunity for students who currently do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature.
Number of Awards:Â 3
Value of Scholarship:Â TheÂ scholarship will provide Â£40,000, towards the fees for the programme and the remainder towards living costs.
Duration of Scholarship:Â 1 year
Method of Application:Â To apply for LSE funding for programmes beginning in September 2018, you must:
- â€“ Submit your application for the programmeÂ (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE in the Scholarship Webpage link below)
- â€“ Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via theÂ Graduate application tracker
- â€“ Receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional)
byÂ 5pm UK time on 26 April 2019.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 26th April 2019