TheÂ Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who wish to pursue a masterâ€™s degree in Holland.
Course Level:Â Â Masters
Eligible Countries:Â International
To be taken at (country):Â The Netherlands
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for a Holland Scholarship, you must
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Never before have been enrolled at an educational institution in the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international masterâ€™s programme at Utrecht University with a start date of September 1, 2019
- Meet the specific entry requirements of the programme
Selection Criteria:Â Your application will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic background as demonstrated in your application to the Masterâ€™s programme
- Your motivation explaining the relevance of your time in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University to your future goals
- The quality and feasibility of your financial plan
Number of Awards:Â 23Â scholarships are available for the 2019-2020Â academic year.
Value and Duration of Award:Â The scholarship amounts to â‚¬ 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies as a single disbursement, even if you are enrolled in a two year programme.
Method of Application:Â
- Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Masterâ€™s programme as well.
- Go through more information in theÂ Programme Webpage (see link below)
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 1stÂ February 2019 (00:00 Dutch time).