DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service, in association with AIMS, provides six in-region scholarships for a PhD programme in Mathematical Sciences. These scholarship are available to students wishing to commence a PhD programme at a South African University.
Course Level:Â PhD
Eligible Countries:Â Sub-Saharan AfricanÂ (excluding South Africa)Â countries
To be taken at (country):Â South Africa
- The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, 6-8 Melrose Road, MuizenbergÂ 7945, South Africa;
- Stellenbosch University,
- University of Cape Town,
- University of the Western Cape
Field of Study:Â Research fields considered include mathematical sciences.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants:
- have successfully completed generally a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper forth of class)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago atÂ the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African Country, excluding South Africa
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
Method of Application:Â The online portal for applications is now open and applications and will close on 15 November 2018.
It is important to go through theÂ Application and Selection Procedure in theÂ Scholarship Webpage before applying.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 15th November 2018.
Award Provider: Â DAAD, African Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)