Applications are invited for Five (5) Masters Fellowships in Computing Tenable at Makerere University in Uganda. These fellowships are available for international students.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Eligible Countries:Â These fellowships are available for International students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must have an admission letter to a relevant Masterâ€™s program at Makerere University, specifically (Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Systems/Technology)
2. Applicants should preferably have been admitted to a Masterâ€™s program within the last two years (i.e., in 2017/18 or 2018/19). Those admitted in 2017/18 should be on a normal academic progress.
Method of Application:Â The application must be written in English and it must include two separate documents plus a copy of the applicantâ€™s research concept/proposal. Applications will be handled electronically.
The 1st document shall include:
1. A short cover letter with a motivation that describes how the applicant meets the selection criteria (max. one A4 page)
2. Curriculum Vitae.
3. Undergraduate transcript, and Masterâ€™s partial testimonial (for those admitted in 2017/18).
4. At least two recommendation letters from persons that are familiar with the applicantâ€™s qualifications.
The 2nd document shall include:
1. A proposal for a research topic including approach and research plan (max. 2 A4 pages),
2. Name(s) of the proposed academic supervisor (optional)
3. Other documents deemed important by the applicant to support their application
1. Detailed information about the application for the fellowship can be obtained from the project website.
2. Submission of application for the fellowship with supporting documents should be via the scholarship submission link. All files should be in PDF format.
3. Application deadline is 28th September 2018 and interviews (where applicable) will be conducted 1st-10th October 2018.
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 28, 2018