Victoria University is an Australian public university based in Melbourne, Victoria. It is a dual-sector tertiary institution providing courses in both higher education and Technical and Further Education.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue anÂ undergraduate degree.
Eligible Countries:Â This scholarship is open to Australian citizens or those who have permanent residence status.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students commencing their first undergraduate degree program at Victoria University
- Year 12 school leavers and students who are returning to study aged between 18 â€“ 25 years old
- Applicants who have been accepted into a full time undergraduate academic program and who will be commencing their studies in Semester 1 of 2018
- Applicants who have attained a minimum ATAR score of 75
- Applicants who complete the scholarship application in full and lodge it by the advertised closing date with the specified University office
- Australian citizens or have permanent residence status.
Method of Application:Â Please provide the following documentation in support of your application:
- AÂ Curriculum VitaeÂ (maximum 2 pages)
- Attach a typedÂ personal statementÂ (800-1000 words) addressing the following criteria:
- Your academic standing
- The measure of leadership and leadership potential demonstrated in your academic and personal life
- The level and quality of community participation undertaken by you (including volunteering, work history, sporting and other community activities undertaken in/outside of school)
- The reasons for selecting the particular program of study in which you are enrolled and your long-term goals as a result of this study
- The degree to which the scholarship would enable you to best meet your educational and employment goals (what would it mean for you to receive a George Alexander Foundation scholarship?)
- Attach two referee reportsÂ (written in the last 2 years) to support your application.
Please remember to include the title/position of your referees. They must also be from different organisations.
- Academic reference â€“ from a person qualified to comment on your academic studies, preferably a subject coordinator from your secondary school and/or your school principal
- Character reference â€“ from a person competent to supply a character reference (for example, a person with whom you have undertaken volunteer work or community activities or a current or past employer) outlining your suitability for the scholarship. This statement cannot be written by someone related to you.
- Complete a three-year planÂ as shown inÂ Â this three-year planÂ example
Apply for the George Alexander Foundation Leadership Scholarship using theÂ online Scholarships Application Portal.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â February 01, 2019