The University of Amsterdam, Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED), invite applications for a PhD candidate in Marine Microbial Ecology in the Department of Freshwater and Marine Ecology. PhD candidate will work in the Department of Freshwater and Marine Ecology (FAME), headed by Prof. Jef Huisman.
Course Level: Position is available for a PhD researcher.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position
- MSc in Microbial Ecology, Aquatic Ecology, Marine Biology, Biological Oceanography or a related field;
- experience with cultivation of micro-organisms;
- experience with molecular techniques, preferably genomics/transcriptomics;
- experience with fieldwork;
- experience with bioinformatics analyses is desired;
- ability to work in a multi-disciplinary research team;
- excellent communication skills in English.
Method of Application: Applications may only be submitted by using the link below.
- The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value a spirit of enquiry and endurance, provide the space to keep asking questions and cherish a diverse atmosphere of curiosity and creativity.
- You may send your application ultimately at 15 September 2018 using the link below. Please quote vacancy number 18-464 in the subject field.
- Your application should include:
- a letter of motivation (max 1 page);
- a detailed CV, including a list of publications and
- the names and contact addresses of two references, from whom information about the candidate can be obtained.
4. Please combine all these items into a single PDF file of manageable size. Interviews, possibly via Skype, will be scheduled for 15 October 2018. #LI-DNP
Scholarship Application Deadline: 15 September 2018