Applications are invited for the postdoctoral research fellowship at the Marine Research Institute (Ma-Re) University of Cape Town, South Africa. Fellowship is available for international students.
The candidate must have experience with the implementation of regional or global ocean numerical models, data analysis and visualization.
Course Level:Â Fellowship is available to the postdoctoral research programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Fellowship is available for international students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Conditions of Award
- Postdoctoral research fellowships are available only to individuals who have achieved the doctoral degree within the past 5 years;
- Applicants may not previously have held full-time permanent professional or academic posts;
- No benefits or allowances are included in the value of the fellowship;
- The successful incumbent will be required to comply with the Universityâ€™s approved policies, procedures and practices for the postdoctoral sector;
- The successful candidate may, as part of their professional development, be requested to participate in departmental activities such as limited teaching and cosupervision and incidental duties;
- PDRFs are permitted to undertake part-time employment for no more than 12 hours per week. Such remunerated employment is taxable.
Method of Application:Â To apply, send an email application to ma-re-at-uct.ac.za and attach the following: a cover letter describing research experience, interests, and collaborative experience; a curriculum vitae and list of publications; certified transcripts of academic qualifications at tertiary level; and contact information for two (2) scientific referees.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Applications will stay open until the position is filled. However, it is anticipated that the fellowship will commence in September 2018