The University of Brescia is inviting applications for XXXIVÂ Cycle of the PhD scholarship programme for the academic year 2018-2019. This scholarship available to international students.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Countries:Â Available to international students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants participating in the selection, without citizenship limitation, must hold an Advanced Degree (Laurea Specialistica) or Masterâ€™s Degree (Laurea Magistrale) or Graduate Degree (Laurea) achieved pursuant to the Italian system prior to Ministerial Decree 509/1999, amended with Ministerial Decree 270/2004, or similar eligible academic qualification achieved abroad comparable to the Italian qualification in terms of duration and content, and previously recognised by the PhD Admission Board as valid for admission, as provided in Annex A â€“ PhDs Data Sheets, for the specific PhD course for which applicants intend to apply.
- Applicants having an eligible qualification achieved from foreign universities who comply with the requirements of paragraph 1 of this Article and following Article 3 can participate in the selection of the reserved posts as envisaged in the table in Art. 1, paragraph 1 of this Call (or, for each PhD Course, in Annex A â€“ PhDs Data Sheets).
- Applicants who will obtain the Italian or foreign academic qualification referred to in paragraph 1 after submitting their candidacy, and in any case, no later than 31 October 2018, will be conditionally admitted, when applying for admission to the selection by the deadline set in this Call. Under penalty of exclusion from the procedure, conditionally admitted applicants must send the following documents within 3 days from graduation:
- For applicants with an academic qualification achieved in Italy: qualification self declaration or certificate, specifying the name of the University that issued it, the date of graduation, the type of diploma (Italian University Education system prior to Ministerial Decree 509/1999, advanced/masterâ€™s) and the final score, together with a copy of a valid identification document;
- For applicants having an eligible academic qualification achieved from foreign universities: certificate of academic qualification achieved, specifying the name of the University that issued it, the date of graduation, the type of diploma and the final score, together with a copy of a valid identification document; self-declaration is not allowed for this category.
- Applicants who do not notify the achievement of the academic qualification within the deadlines set forth in the preceding paragraph 3, or who convey incomplete and/or incorrect documentation, or who use different means or addresses from those envisaged in the previous paragraph will be excluded from this selection.
- All applicants are admitted to the selection subject to verification of self-certified declarations pursuant to the Italian Presidential Decree 445/2000 and subsequent amendments and additions. The University of Brescia may carry out checks on the truthfulness of the declarations produced at any time during the procedure, even after the start of the PhD Courses. In case of false declarations, the University may exclude applicants from the selection procedure or from the PhD Course with a motivated provision at any time, without prejudice to the consequent criminal liability.
Method of Application:Â 1. Applicants are required to submit the following mandatory documents and qualifications for admission to all PhD Courses referred to by this Call, written in or translated into Italian or English, under penalty of exclusion from the competitive exam, by attaching them to the online application form referred to in the following Article only in PDF format, or in the formats specifically indicated only for particular documents:
a) Identification document (identity card or passport with clearly visible document number, issuing authority, place and date of issue, photograph, personal data and expiry date);
b) ID card format photo (in image format);
c) Academic qualification:
c.1) for applicants who achieved their academic qualification in Italy: substitutive declaration of certificate attesting to own the academic qualification; the University that issued it; the date of graduation; the final score and the list of exams taken with the marks granted; the form can be downloaded from the appropriate section of the Universityâ€™s Official Notice Board online.
c.2) for applicants who achieved their eligible academic qualification abroad: the documentation referred to in Art. 3, paragraph 2.;
c.3) for applicants pending to achieve their Italian academic qualification: self-declaration of registration to sit the degree exam with a list of the exams taken and relative grades/marks achieved;
c.4) for applicants pending to achieve their foreign academic qualification:
a certificate of registration to sit the degree exam with a list of the exams taken and relative grades/marks achieved;
- d) Curriculum vitae et studiorum (complete with the applicantâ€™s signature and exclusively in PDF format); e) mandatory and/or optional documents and qualifications listed in Annex A â€“ PhDs Data Sheets for the specific PhD Course that applicants intend to apply for.
Applicants may also produce additional documents and qualifications, other than those listed in Annex A â€“ PhDs Data Sheets, which they might consider useful for the specific PhD Course that they intend to apply for.
- In respect to the â€œResearch topic scholarshipsâ€, if provided for in Annex A â€“ PhDs Data Sheets, applicants may request to be evaluated by attaching to their online application an additional form signed in full (the form can be downloaded from the appropriate section of the Universityâ€™s Official Notice Board online: https://www.unibs.it/node/17694) to be uploaded exclusively in PDF format.
- Only qualifications held by applicants on the expiry date of this Call shall be evaluated, except as provided for in Art. 2, paragraph 3.
Scholarship Applications Deadline:Â August 3, 2018