The University of Groningen is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship position in Systems, Control and Applied Analysis starting between September 1st and December 1st 2018. All PhD positions are part of larger research programmes, often spanning across different expertise groups and being strengthened by complementary PhD projects already in progress and in preparation.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Available to national and International students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Method of Application:Â Please upload your complete application in English as a single PDF-file (please use the CV attachment only) until 30 May 23:59 h / before 1 June 2018 Dutch local time. Please make sure all mathematical symbols are properly typeset. Please upload your entire application as â€œletter of motivation attachmentâ€ by means of the application form (click on â€˜Applyâ€™ below on the advertisement on the university website).
The submission should contain the following:
- a cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation and qualifications to conduct scientific research, your expectations of the PhD programme and your choice for the particular project
2. a full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of your passport
3. a certified copy or scan of your MSc diploma (or equivalent; provide a certified University letter stating when your graduation will be if between the application deadline and start of the project) and academic records and proof of sufficient competence in English
4. Names and contact details of two academic references
5. The applicant needs to submit a research proposal of approximately 500 words that has been written independently or in collaboration with the prospective supervisor (contact details at the end of the announcement). As it is difficult to gauge the word count with mathematical symbols included, the proposals are limited to no more than one page (references separate).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â May 30 and June 1, 2018