Applications are invited for LogiCS doctoral program for the academic year 2018-2020. This program is aimed at highly motivated students who want to work in the field of Logical Methods in Computer Science.
Course Level:Â Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Applicants from all countries are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â LogiCS invites applicants from all countries to apply. Candidates should hold an MSc or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields, and an excellent record of study. Candidates with comparable achievements (e.g., bachelor of honours) may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Previous knowledge in the areas of the doctoral college (computational logic, databases/AI, verification) is desirable but not required.
Method of Application:
Email your filled out application form, together with all required application documents. The subject must be DKLOGICS. Attach 2 separate PDF files as follows:
Important: The PDF form has to be filled out electronically and saved in PDF format. To ensure the data is saved properly, we recommend that you use Adobe Reader. We cannot accept scanned versions â€“ the form will be processed electronically.
All other required documents in the order stated below. Please merge all these documents (except the application form) into a single PDF file named documents.pdf. The file size should not exceed 5 MB.
- Evidence of prior achievement
- Degree certificates (Bachelorâ€™s and Masterâ€™s degree or higher) of a post-secondary education institution including course transcripts and an explanation of the grading system(s) used in these degree certificates.
- Abstract of diploma / Masterâ€™s thesis
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- At least two letters of recommendation
- At least one of your referees should have a scientific background.
- If your referees prefer, letters of recommendation may be sent separately toÂ email@example.comÂ indicating the applicantâ€™s name.
- Certificate of English language proficiency (see below)
- The scan of the applicantâ€™s passport
- Only the pages containing your personal data and picture.
- Officially certified transcripts of degree certificate(s)
- Only for non-EU citizens (excl. Swiss nationals).
- Optional: Research proposal
Please download the application form and follow the instructions. All information provided in the application form must be accurate and complete. All correspondence will be made via e-mail using the e-mail address you have specified in the online application form. Please check your e-mails regularly and keep your mailbox ready to receive.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Applications can be submitted at any time. Applications will be screened on the following dates: May 1, 2018; June 1, 2018; July 1, 2018, and September 1, 2018.