The University of Alberta is offering approximately 10-15 Medical Sciences Graduate Program Scholarships valued at $6,500 each. Scholarships are available as a contribution to the stipend of students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD in Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSGP) in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Canadian students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Student must be currently registered or accepted to start as of January 2019 as a full-time thesis-based graduate student in the Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) in one of the following departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry: Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Dentistry, Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, Medical Genetics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, Pediatrics and Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging.
-The student may not concurrently hold any major awards ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (e.g. 75th Anniversary Award, FoMD/AHS Student Recruitment Studentships, Motyl Graduate Studentship).
-The student may be eligible to hold this award more than once.
-Award will be withdrawn if the student completes his/her program or ceases to maintain full-time registration.
Method of Application:Â An application should include:
- A completed current application form with original signatures. Please do not use previous applications as forms are updated on a regular basis.
- The studentâ€™s up-to-date transcripts in letter size unofficial and copies of original are acceptable as long as they are copied to letter size 8 1/2 x 11).
- All non-UofA transcripts must include a Weighted Average Calculator Form to be completed by the department you are admitted in.
- Must include current UofA transcript even if there are no grades yet.
- Two confidential letters of reference which should be received in a signed and sealed envelope.
Original copy of the application is to be submitted to the Office of Research, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 28, 2018