The Durham University is offering Bamburgh Library Fellowships to be taken up before the end of 2018 with the generous support of the Lord Crewe’s Charity.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The award is open to applicants with an academic background (from PhD student to senior staff) in any discipline and to library professionals with an interest in book or library history or practice-based research. Please note that fellows will need to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation. Fellows also need to ensure their eligibility to work in the UK before making arrangements.
Method of Application: If you are interested in applying for one of the fellowships, please send us the following information:
- A summary of your proposed research while at Durham (max. 3 sides of A4), which should contain:
- An outline of the project
- A list of items in the collection relevant to your research
- An explanation of how your research relates specifically to the Bamburgh Library, the Lord Crewe’s Charity, or to members of the Sharp family
- A proposal for the dissemination of your research
- How the research will help further our understanding of the library, collection, and /or its history
- Preferred dates for taking up the fellowship
Enquiries and proposals should be directed to Dr Danielle Westerhof, Rare Books Librarian (Bamburgh Library) at danielle.m.westerhof-at-durham.ac.uk.
Scholarship Application Deadline: May 25, 2018