The Graduate School of Health at the University of Technology Sydney is offering PhD research scholarships in the area of Speech Pathology. Scholarships are available to suitable domestic and international applicants.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Scholarships are available to suitable domestic and international applicants.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be considered for the PhD, applicants must have:
A completed a Masters (at least two years) with a major research component (a thesis component of approximately 50 per cent of the degree and 20,000 words) at distinction level, unless the following exemption applies.
PhD applicants may be exempt from having to demonstrate either (a) a completed Masters with a major research component if they can
Also demonstrate equivalence through having completed a research-intensive undergraduate degree, or,
Also demonstrate capacity to undertake independent research through prior research engagement (e.g., as a research assistant with responsibilities in the conduct of research with publication in peer reviewed journals).
PhD applicants must also demonstrate their interest in the area of research and their strong quantitative, analytical, and writing skills.
Method of Application:Â Students will be required to submit a full application which includes all of the information listed in the table below and any other information as listed on the website, as well as satisfy entry requirements
- A personal statement (750 words maximum) outlining your suitability for undertaking a PhD, what you hope to achieve from your research, and your research experience to date.
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts (undergraduate and postgraduate), including masterâ€™s thesis results (if applicable).
- Evidence of writing for research output (e.g., peer reviewed publications) demonstrating your capacity to undertake independent research (if applicable)
- Proof of English proficiency (if not having completed a minimum of 5 years study in Australia).
- Written references to include contact details for suitable academic referees (two required).
- Evidence of prizes, scholarships, and awards (certificates, statements of award).
To be considered for this opportunity, please register your Expression of Interest (EOI) directly by submitting an application through the UTSâ€™s website.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â May 31, 2018