The University of Groningen provides top-quality educationalÂ programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes thatÂ rank wellÂ internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
The Graduate School for the Humanities is inviting applications for 5 PhD positions in Culture Studies for the 4-year duration.
Course Level:Â Positions are available to PhD programme.
Eligibility Criteria:Â University is looking for talented and ambitious researchers in the relevant disciplines.
â€¢ A masterâ€™s degree in one of the five areas mentioned above, with an excellent academic record
â€¢ Proven research abilities and affinity with the research topic
â€¢ Excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
Method of Application:Â Please send your entire application (in English) as a single PDF-file until the deadline of 13 May 11:59 pm / before 14 May 2018 Dutch local time, by means of the application form (click on â€˜Applyâ€™ below on the advertisement on the university website). Please upload your entire application as â€œletter of motivation attachmentâ€.
The submission should contain the following:
1. A cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation to conduct scientific research, and locating your research within one of the research groups
2. A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of the data page of your passport
3. A certified copy or scan of your MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record
4. A research proposal, focusing on the central research question to be addressed and the proposed method of approaching and answering this question (1500 words, tables and references excluded, and a project title). See the guidelines in the following website:Â https://www.rug.nl/(â€¦)for-phd-applications
5. Names and contact details of two academic references.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â May 13, 2018