The new 2018 â€˜Belt and Roadâ€™ Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for International Studentsâ€ is now available at Sun Yat-sen University in China.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Eligible Countries:Â Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Method of Application:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
(1) Applicants should be non-Chinese with a valid foreign passport, and meet requirements in the â€œNotice of Regulating Admission of International Students in Colleges and Universitiesâ€ (83).
(2) Applicants should be in good health and aged between 18 to 25 (date of birth between 1st January 1993 to 30th August 2000).
(3) Applicants should be friendly towards China, law-abiding, studious and well-conducted, without any records of a violation of Chinese laws, regulations or school rules.
(4) Applicants should be high school graduates, with their grades ranking among the top, or with excellence in social services, sports, music, cultural activities or leadership.
(5) Language Proficiency:
- Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: HSK 5 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other equivalent Chinese Learning Certificates;
- Science, Engineering and Medical Science Majors: HSK 4 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other equivalent Chinese Learning Certificates;
- Applicants who complete high school education with Chinese as the language of instruction should submit certificates of Chinese language proficiency issued by their schools and can be exempted from providing HSK Certificates after SYSUâ€™s verification;
- Outstanding applicants who apply for the programme without adequate Chinese language proficiency must take a Chinese preparatory course for one academic year. Upon the completion of the course and the satisfaction of the language entry requirements, they can begin their undergraduate studies with Chinese as the language of instruction.
(6) Applicants should obtain a recommendation letter issued by theÂ recommendation institutions*Â (refer to Appendix 1 for details) and be responsible for its authenticity.
Method of Application:Â Before 1st March, 2018, applicants should submit all application documents to the recommendation institutions in their home countries to obtain recommendation letters. Between 1stMarch, 2018 and 30th April, 2018, they should sign up onÂ http://application.sysu.edu.cn, sign in to fill in the application form under the â€œSYSU scholarshipâ€ programme in an accurate and complete manner, and upload scanned copies of all supporting documents as required (Only PDF, JPG, JPEG and PNG files are acceptable, and each file size should not exceed 2MB).To complete the application, applicants should click the â€œsubmitâ€ button.
All supporting documents and requirements are as follows (Those supporting documents that are not in Chinese or English should be accompanied by a formal certified translation in Chinese or English):
|1||Passport biographical page||1. A scanned colour copy should be submitted.2. Applicants staying in China at the time of application should provide the scanned colour copy of passport pages with the Chinese visa and entry seal.
3. Applicants who have not yet been granted a passport at the time of application can upload a scanned copy of their identity documents. They should apply for a passport in their own countries afterwards, and send a scanned copy of their passport biographical pages toÂ admissions-at-mail.sysu.edu.cnÂ before15thJune, 2018.
|2||Graduation certificate of the highest level of education||1. Applicants in their last year of high school should submit a pre-graduation certificate provided by their schools.2. Applicants who have graduated from high school should submit their high school graduation certificates.|
|3||Transcripts from the highest level of education||1. Applicants in their last year of high school should submit transcripts of all courses taken provided by their schools.2. Applicants who have graduated from high school should submit transcripts of all courses taken during all the three school years and transcripts of the high school exit examination.
3. Applicants can also submit scores of international standardized tests, including SAT, ACT, A-level, AP and IB.
|4||Language Proficiency Certificate||Applicants can refer to â€œEntrance Requirementsâ€ for more details.|
|5||Recommendation letter||Applicants should upload recommendation letters from the recommendation institutions.Note: Institutions which have recommended more than one student should send a name list of all applicants recommended toÂ admissions-at-mail.sysu.edu.cnÂ before 30thApril, 2018.|
|6||Personal statement||Personal Statement should be written in Chinese or English and might include a self-introduction, memorable learning experience, interests and hobbies, learning purposes, career plans after graduation, and so on.|
|7||Other supporting documents||Award Certificates or Experience Certificates|
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â April 30, 2018