The York University is inviting applications for VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowships. The fellowship will provide financial support to high-caliber scholars doing postdoctoral research that is aligned with the VISTA program under the supervision of a VISTA core member.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible to apply:
Your application must be supported by a VISTA Core Member who would become your supervisor. VISTA Associate Members are eligible as co-supervisors with a VISTA Core Member;
You must hold a doctorate in an area that falls within the VISTA mandate;
A PhD or equivalent degree must be completed by the start date;
Postdoctoral Fellows who hold an external award (e.g. NSERC) at York, and who have not previously held a VISTA Postdoctoral Award, are eligible to apply for a one year extension from VISTA during the final year of their award;
Postdoctoral candidates who are employed at York University under the category of â€˜Postdoctoral Visitorâ€™ are only eligible to apply to VISTA during their first 6 months of employment (or until the first available VISTA Postdoctoral Award application deadline, whichever comes first);
VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship or Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants may NOT apply to work within the same research environment (i.e. institution or supervisor) where they completed their PhD.
You must accept an offer with a start date:
April applicants: No earlier than July 1 and no later than December 1
September applicants: No earlier than December 1 and no later than July 1
You must conduct research in the vision sciences that is aligned with the VISTA program.
Method of Application:
- Apply to the VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship competition;
- Applicants for the VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship may be considered for the Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship with the inclusion of additional documentation as outlined below;
- Identify and confirm a VISTA Core Member as your supervisor. VISTA Associate Members are eligible as co-supervisors with a Core Member;
VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship Application
- To create an application, please complete:
- Application form
- Voluntary Self-Identification Survey
- One-page summary of proposed research
- Postdoctoral Supervision Form
- Postdoctoral Co-supervision Form (If applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Reference. Note that letters should come from Referees that do NOT include the proposed supervisor. The proposed supervisor may opt to submit a letter of reference in addition to the two required for the application.
VISTA Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship Materials
- Applicants to the Distinguished award should also include a letter of support from the Proposed Supervisor. This is in addition to the materials outlined above.
- To view instructions, select instructions
- Use the application checklist to ensure your package is complete
- Email the application
- Letters of Reference should be sent directly from Referee via email.