The University of Auckland is currently accepting applications for International Student Scholarships for new full-fee paying international students undertaking a PGDip or Masters programme.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate study programme.
Eligible Countries:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The Scholarships will be known as the University of Auckland International Student Scholarships.
- Up to 45 Scholarships will be awarded annually and will be of the value of up to $10,000 each for postgraduate and undergraduate study.
- New international students who have received an unconditional offer, or English Language Academy (ELA) students who have received a conditional offer, of study to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters (taught) of 120 points or more, or an undergraduate degree (applying with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications) at the University of Auckland are eligible for consideration for this scholarship. Students who have already commenced study at the University of Auckland will not be eligible to apply.
- The Scholarships are tenable for international students (see Note vi).
- The basis of selection will be academic merit, the quality of the letter of application and endorsement by the applicantâ€™s referee (see Note iii). The country of origin of the applicant may be considered by the selection committee to align with the Universityâ€™s strategic aims.
- The Scholarships will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of a selection committee comprising the Deputy Vice Chancellor Strategic Engagement (or nominee), the Director International (or nominee), and two faculty representatives from the International Committee.
- The Scholarships will be paid as a compulsory fees credit towards the first semester of study at the University of Auckland (see Note iv).
- The Scholarships may not be deferred until the following semester. A new Scholarship application will be required.
- The Scholarships may not be held concurrently with any other award or grant.
- The University of Auckland Council is not obliged to make an award if in any year there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
- The University of Auckland Council has the power to amend or vary these Regulations, provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarships.
- Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 21 November and 4 May each year.
- Notes [i]-[vi] below are deemed to be regulations.
Method of Application:Â Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible to apply. Then click on the â€œApply nowâ€ button and complete the online application form. We recommend you check the form early in case a reference or endorsement is required to support your application and to familiarize yourself with the form. All sections (including request sections) must be completed by the closing date, which is midnight on the specified date (unless stated otherwise). We recommend you do not have two different scholarship applications open within the same browser.
Outcomes are determined by a selection committee and are usually notified around six weeks after the closing date.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â November 21 (Semester One intake) and May 4 (Semester Two intake)