The University of Groningen is currently accepting applications for UG PhD scholarship to talented students who would like to pursue PhD degree programme.Â Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria:Â The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Masterâ€™s degree in a relevant academic field
- Demonstrable affinity with qualitative and quantitative research methods. Research experience is an asset
- Highly developed conceptual capacity and analytical skills
- Very good record of undergraduate and graduate studies
- Very good command of spoken and written English. Dutch proficiency is an asset
- Very good individual and collaborative working skills, including the ability to plan, organize and monitor work
- Strong motivation to complete a PhD dissertation in four years.
Method of Application:Â Candidates may apply for this opportunity before 31 March 2018 Central European Time by using the Apply button.
Candidates must submit the following documents:
- A letter providing their motivation and key qualifications
- A current curriculum vitae
- A copy of diploma with a list of course grades
- Reference letters from two academic referees
- A research proposal of up to 2000 words, covering state of the art, main research question, key objectives, and relevance, the proposed (methodological) approach, a brief description of the relevant literature, and a provisional timetable
- A writing sample of no more than 5000 words, e.g. an essay or part of a Masterâ€™s thesis.