As part of its commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African UnionÂ or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria below
Eligible Countries:Â Countries in the African Union orÂ African Commonwealth countries.
To be taken at (country):Â Mauritius
Fields of Study:Â Scholarships shall NOT be awarded for:
- ï‚· Top-up degree programmes;
- ï‚· Foundation programmes;
- ï‚· Part-time courses;
- ï‚· Distance Education programmes;
- ï‚· Mixed modes (distance and on-campus learning);
- ï‚· Non accredited courses; or
- ï‚· Postgraduate programmes.
Course Level:Â Undergraduate
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application;
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2018;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A â€“ Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Candidates who are already holders of an undergraduate degree will NOT be eligible under this scholarship scheme.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in an undergraduate programme will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
Method of Application:Â Application Form
It is important to go through the Scholarship Webpage for application instructions before applying.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Scholarship Application Deadlines:Â
- Electronic application to be submitted:Â 16th April 2018
- Hard copies to be submitted: 2nd May 2018