This is to announce the opening of the recruitment process for the A.S.Hornby Educational Trust scholarships for study in the UK between October 2018 and September 2019.
Eligible Countries:Â International
To be taken at (country):Â University or Warwick, UK
Course Level:Â Masters degree
- Eligible applicants for the scholarship award must have at least two yearsâ€™ full-time ELT experience and a full university degree, and must be a citizen of the country from which they apply.
- Warwick University also requires a currently valid IELTS score of 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any of the categories and 6.5 for writing.
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries.
Method of Application:Â Applicants are selected by a four-stage process.
- Online application form â€“ applicants submit the online application form for initial assessment
- Interview â€“ applicants who are successful at stage 1 are invited for interview at the British Council office in their country of origin
- Application to university â€“applicants selected from the interview are invited to apply to the university for consideration
- University acceptance â€“ the scholarship award is confirmed with the applicant and arrangements are made to arrive in the UK to begin study by 1st October 2018
If you are interested in applying for a Hornby scholarship, you must read the document attached to this page -â€œHornby Scholarship Applicant Informationâ€.
It is important to read this information before completing the online application form, because you cannot leave the application in the middle of completing it and return to finish it another time.
Visit theÂ Scholarship WebpageÂ for information about the scholarship and accessing the online application form.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 12.00 midday UK time Monday 16th February 2018.