Approximately 1, 000 Heinrich BÃ¶ll Foundation International Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates, and PhD Students to study at Universities in Germany.
Eligible Countries:Â International Students
To be taken at (country):Â Universities, Universities of Applied Sciences, or Universities of the Arts in Germany
Eligibility Criteria:Â The following general requirements apply to international student applicants (except EU citizens) who wish to study in Germany:
- You must be enrolled at a state-recognized university or college (e.g. Fachhochschule) in Germany at the time the scholarship payments begin.
- You should provide proof that you have already graduated with an initial professional qualification. This programme mainly supports students aiming for a Masters degree.
- You need a good knowledge of German, and require you provide proof of your proficiency. Please note that the selection workshop (interviews, group discussions) will normally be in German. Exceptions (interview in English) are, however, possible.
- Unfortunately, the current guidelines specify that the foundation cannot support foreign scholarship holders for stays abroad in third countries for more than four weeks.
- You should definitely apply for a scholarship before the start of your studies, in order to ensure long-term support and cooperation.
- The Heinrich BÃ¶ll Foundation cannot award you a scholarship, if you are studying for a one-year Masters degree and were not previously supported by the foundation.
- Applications are possible before you begin your study programme or within the first three semesters.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted as a doctoral student by an institution of higher education in Germany or an EU country (for doctoral scholarship).
Method of Application:Â The application form will be completed online; additional application documents will be submitted as PDF.
Visit theÂ Scholarship WebpageÂ for DetailsÂ
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
- 1st March 2018 (Summer)
- 1stÂ SeptemberÂ 2018 (Winter)