The new INVITE doctoral scholarship programme is now available at The University of Verona in Italy. Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
INVITE is open to early-stage researchers from any country and of any nationality who wish to embark on a doctoral programme of the University of Verona. The University of Verona will do all the best to ensure an equal treatment for all candidates.
Few restrictions apply to candidates:
- They must not have resided or carriedÂ out their main activity (work, studies, etc.)Â in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 yearsÂ immediately before the call deadline;
- They mustÂ hold a Masterâ€™s Degree(Master of Science or Master of Arts) or similar degree equivalent to theÂ Italian Laurea MagistraleÂ orÂ SpecialisticaÂ that, in their country of origin, grants access to PhD programmes;
- They must not already hold a PhD and must have less than 4 yearsÂ (full-time equivalent)Â of research experience.
Candidates with disabilities or specific learning difficulties
The University of Verona will apply specific measures for candidates with disabilities (e.g. blind or deaf candidates, or those suffering from any other relevant disability) and to those with specific learning difficulties (e.g. candidates diagnosed with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia or dysorthographia).
Such candidates are required to notify their status during the application and should provide the University of Verona with clinical certificates issued by competent healthcare authorities or medical practitioners.
Candidates with refugee or asylum seeker status
INVITE participates in the EU initiative Science4Refugees. The period before refugee status is conferred will not be counted as a â€˜period of residence/activity in the country of the beneficiaryâ€™ under the mobility rule.
Method of Application:Â The following documents must be provided:
- Application form;
- Detailed CV;
- Copy of any Bachelorâ€™s and Masterâ€™s Degree certificate;
- Diploma Supplement (if available);
- Motivation and presentation letter;
- Short proposal for a research project within theÂ advertised research areas;
- Two reference letters issued by academic professors at the university where the applicant obtained their Masterâ€™s Degree.
All documents must be submitted in English, and an English translation of any certificate and other official documents must be provided.
If the prerequisites listed above are not fulfilled, the candidate may be excluded from the selection procedure at any time, even after examination sessions.