Two highly competitive PACF Scholarships are available to applicants from sub-Saharan Africa intending to study at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine on a one-year, full-time, London-based 2018-19 qualifying MSc programme.
Eligible Countries: Â sub-Saharan Africa
Course Level:Â Masters
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- be nationals of, and resident in,Â countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- have 2 years experience working in any function (board, staff, volunteer etc.) within a grassroots community based organisation with aÂ focus on HIV/AIDS and/or public health intervention. The selection committee consider a grassroots community organisation to be a non-profit group that work with local communities in delivering HIV/AIDS and/or public health interventions. Applications are encouraged from volunteers, youth group leaders, peer-support group leaders who are delivering locally based interventions.
- confirm (by submitting an application for this scholarship) that s/he would not otherwise be able to pay for their proposed programme of study, and
- agree to undertaking a 3 month placement with PACF, in their London office, during the summer (whilst simultaneously undertaking their MSc project); and
- meet the Schoolâ€™s minimum English language requirements, as required for admission to study, if short-listed; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2018-19 for one of the following London-based MSc programmes of study
- MSc Control of Infectious Diseases
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Reproductive & Sexual Health
- MSc Public Health for Development
Method of Application:Â Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for an eligible 2018-19Â London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the â€˜How to Applyâ€™ tab on the relevant programme of study page, ensuring that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via the Admissions portal as soon as possible to ensure that an offer of admission is held by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit anÂ online scholarships application, selecting the option â€˜PACF MSc Scholarshipsâ€™. A completedÂ Supplementary Questions FormÂ for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of the Scholarship application.Â (This is the only document which should be uploaded on the Scholarships online application.)
If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online application system please contactÂ LSHTM ITÂ by email, providing them with your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the issue that you have encountered. Please attach a screen shot of the difficulty.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â midnight (GMT) on Sunday 18th February 2018.
Award Provider:Â Positive Action for Children Fund