Fully funded PhD Scholarship at Ghent University in Belgium, 2018
Ghent University, belgium is offering PhD fully funded scholarships for international students. TheÂ fully-funded PhD scholarship at the Centre for EU Studies, Department of Political Science, Ghent University.Â The Awardee will conduct doctoral research on the influence of human rights NGOs on the European Unionâ€™s (EU) human rights promotion in the post-Soviet space. International Students can apply before Januray 11, 2018.Â
Eligible Nationalities / Targeted Students:Â International students are eligible to apply.
Â Eligibility Criteria:Â As applicant;
- You have obtained a Masterâ€™s degree in Political Science or EU Studies, or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field, such as International Relations.
- You are interested in EU foreign policy, human rights promotion and the EUâ€™s policies towards the post-Soviet space, and are highly motivated to conduct academic research on these topics.
- You have knowledge of and/or are interested in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- You have an outstanding academic record, as exemplified, among other things, by excellent study results.
- You are able to work well independently and as part of a team.
Language Requirements:Â Â Yes ( Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.)
Method of Application:Â Applications should include:
- A cover letter, in which you specify why you are interested in the position and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate
- A short essay (ca. 1,000 words, excluding references) on (an aspect of) the theme of this research (e.g. it can be about EU human rights promotion, the role of human rights NGOs in EU policy-making, or the EUâ€™s policies towards the post-Soviet space).
- A CV
- Transcripts of your qualifications to date (degrees and grade lists)
- Names and contact information for two references
Submit your application in a single PDF (not exceeding 5MB) via e-mail toÂ fabienne.bossuyt-at-ugent.be. Please put â€œPhD application on human rights NGOsâ€ in the subject line of your email.