Bar Ilan University (BIU) is seeking 4 excellent early stage researchers (ESRs) for a 3-year fully funded PhD program in Israel starting between June and October 2018.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- An early stage researcher (ESR) is defined as a candidate being in the first four years of his/her research career at the time of the recruitment and does not have a doctoral degree. The research career starts after the degree that enables a student to proceed with a Ph.D. (usually, the Master degree).
- There are no restrictions regarding the nationality of the ESRs and they can come from any nation. Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) in order to participate in training and conduct research when taking up the appointment.
- ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
Method of Application:Â
Interested candidates should send their full application directly to liat.ayalon-at-biu.ac.il and copy to Euroageism-at-gmail.com as a single PDF file (5 MB max). The application deadline is 31 January 2018. Further details of application procedures and projects to be pursued at BIU are also obtainable from the information sheet on the Fellowships.
If you are interested in Ph.D. position in one of the above stated professional areas, please send your full application directly to liat.ayalon-at-biu.ac.il. Please also copy Euroageism-at-gmail.com) as a single PDF file (5 MB max) including:
- A cover letter, stating your research motivation and interests; including the relevant background. Up to 1 page
- A brief outline of a research proposal pertinent to the project chosen up to 1 page.
- CV with a publication list
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Master degree documentation- Official documents confirming that you have successfully finished pre-graduate studies and can apply for Ph.D. position
- Previous scientific experience and the topic of the diploma thesis (or another small research thesis successfully passed before the application)
- All relevant documents confirming your qualifications and English skills (studies in the EuroAgeism program are in English)
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â January 31, 2018