Applicants are invited to apply for Dr. Ursula Mandel Scholarship to conduct doctoral programme in fields related to medicine. The scholarship will cover up to $15,000 which are applied to standard tuition unless the awardees has another tuition-payment source.
Course Level:Â The scholarship is available to pursue doctoral programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â No citizenship requirements. Also open to registered California AB540 undocumented students. Funding will be provided only if AB131 is still in effect for the duration of the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must be applying to or current doctoral students at UCLA in scientific fields related, allied or of value to the medical field. Applicants must have a doctorate as their current degree objective at UCLA. Must be nominated by their department, IDP or school.
Method of Application:
- The mode of applying is online.
- An unofficial copy of your Graduate Transcript with Fall 2017 grades posted. The transcript printed from MyUCLA is acceptable. Do not submit a Degree Progress Report (DPR). If Fall Quarter is your first graduate term at UCLA, please include an unofficial transcript from the last college/university attended even if the last university was UCLA.
- Students who have incomplete grades that remain unresolved (i.e., â€œIâ€ grades) must provide a statement explaining the reason for the incomplete(s), the steps that will be taken to resolve the incomplete(s) and the timeline for doing so.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of recommendation from the faculty member who will serve as the mentor. The mentor does not have to be from the same department/program as the applicant. o In Step 3 of the online fellowship application process, provide the name and email address of the recommender. The system Â Graduate Student Financial Support 157 will then send your recommender an email with instructions as to how to submit the letter online as a PDF document. The recommender will not need to email anything to the Student Affairs Officer.
- It will be the studentâ€™s responsibility to ensure that the letter has been submitted on time. The online site will provide information about the status of the letterâ€™s upload.
- The letter of recommendation is due on or before the GSRM application deadline. Applications missing the letter of recommendation will not be reviewed.
- The mentor should describe the mentoring relationship and the paper that the student will complete during the summer. If a mentoring relationship has already been established between applicant and faculty member, the letter should distinguish between ongoing and additional mentoring activities that would occur during this period.
- If there is a document that should be in landscape position and it is in portrait position, please rotate it before you upload it.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â January 17, 2018