The University College Dublin is delighted to announce 2 fully-funded 4-year PhD Scholarships in Technology Evolution in Regional Economies (ERC â€“ TechEvo) at the Spatial Dynamics Lab in Ireland. UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applications are invited from enthusiastic and talented candidates with a research Masterâ€™s degree in the fields or related disciplines outlined above. We are looking for applicants who have:
- Prior knowledge of and interest in theories of innovation and technological change.
- A strong background in quantitative methodologies and analysis techniques.
- Experience with spatial (econometric) analysis methods and expertise in the analysis of large-scale socio-economic and/or micro-level datasets are considered an asset.
- Programming skills (R, Java, Python, etc.) and previous training in statistical (SPSS, STATA, SAS), spatial (GIS), and Social Network Analysis (UCI, Pajek, Gephi) software environments are desired, but not essential.
- Excellent scientific writing and planning skills.
- Good communication skills and an excellent command of spoken and written English are essential.
Method of Application:Â To apply, please forward a detailed CV, your university transcripts (BA, MSc, etc.), the names of two references, your master thesis and/or any publications you have authored (a URL or a PDF) along with a letter outlining your motivation for applying for one of these positions (max. 2 pages, single-spaced), to Dr. Kogler atÂ dieter.kogler-at-ucd.ie.Â Please e-mail your application byÂ 22 January 2018Â at the very latest.Â Â Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the end of January 2018; anticipated start date is May or September, 2018.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â January 22, 2018