Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria is offering scholarships for undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates. Scholarships are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduates, graduates and postgraduate.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Eligible for application are
- Descendents of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)
- Or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Students meeting the above-mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- On their bachelor thesis
- On their diploma or master thesis
- Or their dissertation.
No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after March 1, 1978)
for other students: 35 years (born on or after March 1, 1983)
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students (except Austria) are eligible to apply.
Method of Application:Â The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application:
- Fully completed Online Application form â€œApplication for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austriaâ€ including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- Two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation, no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must be no older than six months at the time of application. The letters of recommendation and the confirmation of supervision cannot be issued by the same person.
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- University graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
- Confirmation, that proves your participation in a study programme (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- For descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â March 1, 2018