Applications are invited, especially from candidates in the East African Community Partner States for entry into the postgraduate study programmes in law (LLM or PhD) offered by the Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL).
Course Level:Â PhD/Masters
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applications are invited especially from candidates from the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda).
The formal minimum requirements for admission to the LLM and PhD programmes are:
- for theÂ LLM programme: a Bachelorâ€™s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent from a recognised higher learning institutions.
- for theÂ PhD programme: an excellent LLM degree from a recognised institution
The language of instruction in the School of Law is English. Those who are not conversant with it should not apply.
Eligible Countries:Â East African Community Partner StatesÂ (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda)
Method of Application:Â The applicant must register online through the TGCL website and submit the following documents electronically:
- a signed curriculum vitae with clear evidence of periods of legal and other relevant education, training and practical experience. It is compulsory to use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- one page letter of motivation
- certified photocopies of all relevant certificates (birth certificate, school leaving certificates, academic transcripts, certificates of legal or other professional education, including provisional results for applicants who are in the final year of their LLB studies); in the case of documents not in English an official translation should be attached
- a passport picture
- a release letter from your employer (if you are employed) â€“ a proposal of the intended research (for LLM candidates: 1,500 words; for PhD candidates: 3,000 words) â€“ see annexed guidelines
- for PhD candidates: an electronic copy of your LLM dissertation
Additionally, applicants must send (1) Hard copies of all application documents mentioned above (2) three letters of recommendation (signed and sealed), (3) a printout of the online registration form to:
The Coordinator, TGCL, Dr Benedict T. Mapunda, University of Dar es Salaam School of Law, P.O. Box 35093, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; phone: +255 22 278 1422; fax: +255 22 278 0217; email:email@example.com
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 23rd February, 2018
Award Provider:Â German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Important Notes:Â Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. All applications have to be submitted both online and as a hardcopy. It is highly recommended to use a reliable professional courier service to ship the hardcopy, if you are not handing it in personally