For September 2018 intake the Queen Mary University of London has a number ofÂ fully-funded scholarshipsÂ available for UK residents and a small number ofÂ scholarshipsÂ for EU/International students to apply for.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply.
This is a highly interdisciplinary programme and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds. What we require is some clear evidence of both technical and creative abilities. We invite new applications from outstanding individuals with any Arts, Engineering or Science background and welcome applications from people with a strong background the visual arts, design, architecture, New Media, User Experience, human-computer interaction, and from people with a strong backgrounds in social science e.g. psychology, sociology, or a similar discipline.Â You will be able to develop additional skills through the selection of specialist options.
You should be able to demonstrate academic achievement at the level of a first class honours degree or high-level pass at Masters and excellent critical and analytic skills. You should also have a clear aptitude for interdisciplinary research including some programming or mathematical ability.
Method of Application:Â To apply for the MAT PhDÂ Programme, complete theÂ online application form. Here are some tips for completing the form:
- The online application link above will take you directly to the PhD in Media & Arts Technology application form (Course reference RFQM-G4ZX-09). Please note each new PhD cohort starts in September, you cannot start any other time of year;
- Fully complete the application form,Â upload transcripts of your previous degree(s), upload a Curriculum Vitae (CV), andÂ overseas applicants from non-English speaking countries mustÂ include proof of English language ability;
- Provide a oneÂ pageÂ A4 â€œStatement of Purposeâ€ â€“ a pdf document in which youÂ set out your previous academic or other experience relevant to yourÂ proposed research interests, why you wish to undertake this research at QMUL, and why you want to do the MAT PhD;
- Two references are required â€“ either two academic, or one academic and one work-related reference. YourÂ academic referee must be able to comment on the standard of your academic work and suitability for postgraduate level study.
- Select a possible supervisor â€“ this is not a firm commitment, but gives us an idea who you think might be suitable to supervise your research. Have a look atÂ the research groups at the followingÂ link for ideas and then click on the group and the research staff to find possible supervisors:
- Provide a two page A4 â€œResearch Proposalâ€ â€“ a pdf document in which you provide an indication of the kinds of the research question and possible project(s) that interest you, and why you find them interesting. This will help us to figure out how your interests might fit with the programme.Â We help studentsÂ define theirÂ PhD research project and find theirÂ supervisor in the first year of the programme.
- You apply for the place and the scholarship on the same form so write â€œMedia and Arts Technology Scholarshipâ€ in the box â€œHow do you intend to finance your studies at Queen Maryâ€. However, if you are not looking for a scholarship and you will beÂ self-funded pleaseÂ state â€œself-fundedâ€. If you have another source of funding such as China Scholarship or CONACYT please state this.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â January 31, 2018