For the 2018/2019 academic year, the Leiden University is delighted to offer Oort Master Scholarships to suitably qualified international students. These Scholarships are awarded in the field of Astronomy.Â The aim of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership
Course Level:Â These scholarships are available to pursue a master degree.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students from all countries are eligible.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants must be a student with a non-Dutch nationality
- Applicants must have a bachelorâ€™s degree (or equivalent) in astronomy or physics.
- Applicants previous study resultsÂ should be of outstanding academic merit
- Applicants have no otherÂ financial support (e.g. scholarships, grants) for Applicants masterâ€™s study
- Applicants are planning to obtain Applicants masterâ€™s degree in any of the following research specialisations:Â Astronomy Research,Â Astronomy and Cosmology,Â Astronomy and InstrumentationÂ orÂ Astronomy and Data Science.
Method of Application:
- Apply for admission to theÂ AstronomyÂ masterâ€™sÂ programme through theÂ online application system. Note that only applications that are completed before the deadline are guaranteed full consideration.
- Write a brief statement motivating whyÂ you satisfy the two conditions of a) outstanding academic merit and b) need for financial support. Make sure to include your full contact information.
- Upon submitting your application, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. The Board of Admissions will check your admission to the Astronomy masterâ€™s programme and your application for the Oort scholarship. Within a month after the submission deadline, you will be informed about the outcome.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â October 1 (for students starting in February) and February 1 (for students starting in September)