Each year, the University of Southampton awards a number of scholarships to academically gifted students from around the world. The new Southampton Merit Scholarships are open to international students to pursue Master degree programme.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements:Â You will be considered eligible for a Southampton International Merit Scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You, the student, are liable to pay full international tuition fees and you will be self-funding, i.e. you are not in receipt of a full or partial scholarship from another source or sponsored by one of the Universityâ€™s international funding partners.
- You are in receipt of either a conditional or unconditional offer for a place at the University of Southampton for 2017 entry (September 2017) which you have accepted (non-UCAS applications) or accepted firmly (UCAS applications).
- The programme you wish to study is eligible. See the Exceptions below.
- You must be a national of, and domiciled in a country outside of the EU and classified as â€˜Overseasâ€™ for fees purposes.
- You meet the specific academic requirements of the scholarship. The equivalency of relevant international qualifications will be determined by the Universityâ€™s standard admissions criteria.
- You pay any necessary tuition fee deposit by the date notified on your offer letter.
Method of Application:Â
- Identify the course you would like to apply for. Visit theÂ postgraduate taught courses page.
- Check you meet the general entry requirements, and, if relevant, make sure you meet any special requirements for international students. SeeÂ more information about entry requirements.
- Find out about scholarships and sources of funding. Visit ourÂ postgraduate funding page.
- Apply online
- To apply for your chose postgraduate research course use ourÂ online application form. For detailed guidance on the online application process download our application guide.
- PLEASE NOTE: For the best experience with online applications pleaseÂ use Google Chrome 39 or Mozilla Firefox 34. Applications canâ€™t be made using Windows 10 Edge browser.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â Scholarships are open for the year 2018.