The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute offers a number of scholarships to support International PhD Scholars. Scholarships are for open to outstanding international students to join Medical Biology PhD Program.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD Programme.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field of Medical Biology.
Scholarship Benefits:Â The Instituteâ€™s International PhD Scholarships provide a living allowance equivalent to theÂ current Melbourne Research Scholarship rate. In addition, all PhD students receive the Instituteâ€™s $2000 per annum scholarship top-up plus a relocation allowance, health insurance coverage, and tuition fee offset.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships:Â The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute offers a number of dedicated scholarships to support International PhD Scholars.
Eligibility Criteria:Â In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- A four-year bachelor degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and have achieved a minimum weighted average of 80% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent; or
- A masters degree in a relevant discipline which includes a substantial research component equivalent to at least 25% of one year of full-time study and achieved a minimum weighted average of 80% or (University of Melbourne) equivalent; or
- A qualification and professional experience considered to be equivalent; and
- A research proposal; and
- Referee reports (except for applicants who have graduated from the University of Melbourne within the last 5 years); and
- The endorsement of a prospective supervisor.
Method of Application:
To apply for the International PhD Scholar Initiative:
- Check that you meet theÂ academic entry requirementsÂ for PhD study atÂ the University of Melbourne.Â Please note you do not need to apply to the University of Melbourne at the time of application for the International PhD Scholar Initiative.
- Investigate the currentÂ student project opportunitiesÂ to identify your preferred research areas
- Submit anÂ online application form
You will be asked to indicate up toÂ five titles of research projectsÂ orÂ Institute supervisorsÂ who are in your field of interest
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â December 1, 2017