The European MSc in Photonics is an English-taught multidisciplinary programme of two years (120 ECTS) which leads to a joint degree from Ghent University and Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
For the academic year 2018-2019 the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) will offer several scholarships to pursue European Master of Science in Photonics.
Course Level:Â Scholarships is available for pursuing MSc programme.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria:Â All applicants need to be in possession of a bachelor degree in Electrical engineering, in Electronics and Information Technology (EIT), in (Applied) Physics, Materials Science or an equivalent of this to be directly admitted to the program. Students in their last year of such a programme will however also be considered. Students with a Master degree in these fields can apply as well.
Applicants holding a Belgian bachelor or master degree in another field of Engineering or in Sciences are welcome to join the program through a personalised preparatory programÂ (in Dutch) at VUB.
Method of Application:Â University already asks the applicants to prepare the following documents at the early stage:
- Legalised copies of diplomas * and translation in English by a sworn translator.
- Legalised copies of diploma supplements *, stating the courses and the scores obtained per course and a translation in English. (These are also known as the transcript of records.)
- APS-certificate (for Chinese students only)
* Students in final year of BSc./MSc. or students who are not yet in the possession of the diploma must submit a certificate of enrollment + certificate which specifies the graduation date.
Non-EEA candidates need to prepare the following documents (preferably in .pdf format), after the interview and confirmation of admission.
- Copy of ID (or passport)
- Copy of English language proof
- Copy of BSc. (and/or MSc) degree (if available)
- Copy of BSc. (and/or MSc) transcripts (or transcripts of courses completed so far)
- Copy of Letters of recommendation
- Supporting documents (e.g. paper, list of publications, awards)
Scholarship Application Deadline: Non-EEA candidates: May 1, 2018, EEA candidates: June 1, 2018, and students with a Belgian Bachelor: September 30, 2018.