INSEAD is a graduate business school with campuses in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. â€œINSEADâ€ is originally an acronym for the French â€œInstitut EuropÃ©en dâ€™Administration des Affairesâ€ or European Institute of Business Administration.
For the academic year 2018-2019, INSEAD is offering fully-funded fellowships for international students. INSEAD scholarships are available for the first five years of PhD study and renewed annually contingent upon satisfactory progress in the programme.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject:Â Fellowships are awarded in the field of management.
Scholarship Benefits:Â All candidates admitted to the programme are automatically provided with INSEAD Fellowship for five years of full-time studies â€“ full tuition fee waiver, a stipend, research and conference budget support, and health insurance coverage.
INSEAD PhD Fellowship â€“ Tuition Fee
The tuition fee is fully covered for the first 5 years of the programme â€“ coursework fees for the first 2 years of the programme, and dissertation fees for the last 3 years. Students do not have to take out loans in order to pay for the tuition fees.
INSEAD PhD Fellowship â€“ Stipend
- For AY 2018, annual stipend covers 35,200 â‚¬ for Singapore-based students and 32,000 â‚¬ for Fontainebleau-based students, which includes accommodation and living expenses. Research and conference budget support is provided in addition to the annual stipend, averaging SGD 4,080 or approx. 2,500 â‚¬ annually for Singapore students, and 2,000 â‚¬ for Fontainebleau students, along with a comprehensive health insurance coverage that covers student, spouse and children.
- Research or teaching assistantships are not required in exchange for the fellowship, since assistantships are part of the curriculum and are already included in the funding.
INSEAD PhD Fellowship â€“ Health Insurance Coverage
- Students are also covered with an international comprehensive health insurance coverage. This covers not only the students but also spouse and children.
- Once admitted to INSEAD, you will be automatically offered the full Fellowship, and need not worry of associated costs of postgraduate studies. This is offered annually (for full 12 months) and renewed every year contingent upon satisfactory progress in the programme. This is given to all PhD candidates, regardless of background, nationality or need.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Minimum admissions requirements:
- A bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent
- A recent GMAT or GRE score (no more than 5 years old)
- A TOEFL score (no more than 2 years old) if English is not your native language. This requirement can be waived if any of your degrees was obtained in English
- Academic transcripts and certificates (if not in English, an official English translation is required)
- 3 letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty or someone who can attest to your potential as a researcher. Industry recommendations are also accepted.
- Statement of purpose (1500 words essay)
Eligible Nationalities:Â Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Method of Application:Â To apply to the INSEAD PhD Programme, students must submit an application form online and the required supporting documentation listed below.
- Photograph (passport sized) in JPEG or GIF format, uploaded to your profile
- Application fee (non-refundable) of 50 â‚¬, which is paid online by credit card. Your application will not be considered until the correct fee is received.
- Electronic copy of CV/Resume
- Electronic copy of Official Transcripts of Grades and Diploma / Degree Certificates with certified translation in English, where applicable
- Electronic copy of official GMAT or GRE score report
- Electronic copy of original TOEFL score report. (Note: INSEAD do not accept IELTS score in lieu of the TOEFL; if any of your degreeâ€™s medium of instruction is in English, the TOEFL requirement is automatically waived. Your transcripts from this degree will suffice as proof of waiver)
- Supplementary information survey form that is accomplished and submitted online (part of your online application form, found under the Supporting Documents section).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â INSEAD is now accepting applications for the September 2018 intake.
- Application preferred deadline: December 15, 2017
- Last day of application: January 02, 2018