PhD Scholarship at Dept of Sociology, University of Copenhagen in Denmark
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution of higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
A PhD scholarship is available in the LIFETRACK project, Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen (UCPH). The PhD scholarship is part of the research project â€œLife-Course Dynamics of Educational Trackingâ€ (LIFETRACK), which is a large, joint project with other European countries.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Available Subject:Â Scholarship is awarded in the LIFETRACK project, Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen (UCPH).
Scholarship Benefits:Â PhD students are paid a salary in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC). The PhD student has a work obligation of up to 840 hours over the 3 year period of time without additional pay. The work obligation can include for instance teaching.
Eligibility Criteria:Â The successful applicant is expected to have a
- Masterâ€™s degree (or equivalent) in sociology or related social sciences,
- Experience with working with administrative registers (such as the Danish Administrative Registers), and
- Proven skills in econometric methods, especially those designed to test causal hypotheses.
Previous experience in the field of educational stratification and inequality is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Method of Application:Â The application should include:
- A description of the proposed research (maximum five pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Transcript of Masterâ€™s degree Diploma and grades.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their Masterâ€™s degree, but who have submitted their thesis, must include documentation that the thesis is approved.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â November 1, 2017.