Scholarships for the 2018/2019 academic year are awarded in collaboration with aÂ network of partner institutions authorised to nominate candidates.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to supportÂ 120 talented African studentsÂ through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to becomeÂ changemakers in their home countries.
Offered Annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries:Â Africans
To Be Taken At (Country):Â France
Sciences Po is the first university in continental Europe to join theÂ Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. Within this international network, 27 prestigious institutions in Africa, America and Europe are committed to ensuring that all young people, whatever their background, have the same opportunities to get a quality education and fulfil their potential.
Over six years (2017 â€“ 2022), the Scholars Program will fund:
- 20 scholarshipsÂ to complete theÂ Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme,Â Africa specialisation
- 40 scholarshipsÂ to complete a Masterâ€™s programme at one of our sevenÂ graduate schools
- 60 scholarshipsÂ reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences PoÂ Summer School.
Course Level:Â Bachelors, Masters
Eligibility Criteria:Â The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with anÂ outstanding academic recordÂ andÂ strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
Number of Awards:Â 120 for a period of 5 years.
- Undergraduate: 5
- Graduate: 5
- Summer School: 12
Value of Award:Â Thee scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study .
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programmeÂ andÂ individualised academic advisingÂ throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programmeÂ offered in collaboration with theÂ Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to ourÂ business incubatorÂ and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
Duration of Program:Â The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelorâ€™s degree, two years for the Masterâ€™s degree and one month for the Summer School.
Method of Application
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
- Undergraduate: 15th February 2018 (midnight)
- Graduate: 1st February 2018Â (midnight)
Award Providers:Â Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program