The FASoS Weekly is a publication of Maastricht University Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS), facilitated by the Marketing and Communications Office.
The Graduate School of FASoS is now accepting applications for Post Research Master Fellowship in order to support the development of a solid grant application for a PhD position under the Dutch Science Foundation (NWO) talent schemes, supervised by a FASoS professor. The starting date is flexible but usually, the fellowship is taken up within three months after the application deadline.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Degree Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Post Research Master programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is awarded to learn any of the subjects offered within the Graduate School of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS). The focus of the fellowship lies on writing and submitting a solid NWO proposal to be conducted at FASoS. You are employed by the department of your supervising professor. The appointment will be for 3 months.
Scholarship Benefits: Remuneration will be according to the salary scale of 6, level 5 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, which amounts to a gross amount of € 2.293,- on a monthly basis. On top of this, an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year allowance will apply.
Candidates have to meet the following eligibility requirements:
• The candidate has to hold a recent MPhil degree (i.e. a two-year research master)
• The overall average Dutch grade has to be at least 7.5 (or a GPA equal to this grade)
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Method of Application:
Prospective candidates should submit their application documents via email to the Graduate School Office.
- Grade transcripts for BA and ReMa;
- Completed assessment form for the final work (if available);
- Research proposal (of one page). This proposal should include the name of the FASoS professor who is willing to supervise the student if s/he gets the fellowship and who will be submitting the PhD grant proposal (together with the student) for one of the NWO talent schemes.
- A letter of support by a FASoS professor.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Sunday, October 15, 2017.