TheÂ University Of California, Berkeley â€“ USA is offering MasterCard scholarship programs to African students who have interest in undergoing a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program willÂ provide holistic support â€“ financial, academic, social, and career counselling toÂ studentsÂ from Sub-Saharan Africa from 2012 to 2020.
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries:Â Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country):Â University of California Berkeley, USA
Type:Â Masters and MBA
Sponsors:Â MasterCard Foundation and the host university
Value of Scholarship:Â Fully-funded scholarship
Duration of Scholarship:Â for the period of study
Eligible Fields of Study:Â Graduate Scholars are pursuing or have earned Masterâ€™s degrees in:
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng), various concentrations
- Master of Science Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MS)
- Mechanical Engineering (MS)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Architecture (M.Arch)
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
- MBA. However,Â Â a student would need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtainingÂ Haas scholarships, which requires meeting theÂ Round One application deadline (21st September 2017)
To be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- be Africans
- have completed their bachelors degree program
- first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship.
- beÂ engaged in activities beyond the classroom.
- beÂ passionate about issues affecting their communities
- have outstanding academic grades
- beÂ extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
Method of Application:Â
To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program,Â Graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program
Learn more about applying forÂ Masters Scholarship
VisitÂ The Official WebsiteÂ For More Information
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
- Masters: Varies by Program (Deadlines of applicable Fields of Study fall between 1st December 2017 and 6th January 2018).
- MBA: 21st September 2017