Fellowships for Foreign Students at Academy of Korean Studies, 2018
The Academy of Korean Studies was established to revitalize the field of Korean Studies by conducting in-depth research and offering education on related subjects.
The Academy of Korean Studies is pleased to offer AKS Fellowship Program for Korean Studies to study in Korea. International students can apply for this graduate fellowship.
The Academy of Korean Studies runs the â€œAKS Fellowship Program for Korean Studiesâ€ in order to provide international scholars and doctoral candidates with an opportunity to carry out their research (dissertation research).
Degree Level:Â Fellowships are available to conduct research atÂ Graduate School of Korean Studies (GSKS).
Available Subject:Â Fellowships are awarded for research relatedÂ to Korea/Korean studies.
Scholarship Benefits:Â 1. Airfare: Economy-class round trip airfare (Only offered to overseas awardees).
The airfare will be reimbursed based on the actual ticket price but the reimbursement should not exceed the amount of Government Transportation Request(GTR) cost according to the 2018 budgetary guidelines of international airfare.
(1) Senior Research Fellowship: 2,500,000won
(2) Junior Research Fellowship: 2,000,000won
(3) Pre-doctoral Fellowship: 1,500,000won
? Please note that we do not offer monthly stipend for research period less than 15 days and offer full monthly stipend for research period 15 or more days
- Access to the facilities of AKS including the library up to 50% discount
- Up to 50% discount on AKS Guest House charges
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Foreign scholars (including those who have Korean nationality with permanent residence status in foreign countries) in the humanities and social sciences, who are currently engaged in Korea-related teaching and research activities, are eligible to apply.
- Senior Researcher Fellowship: Associate professor level or above/PhD holder with 7 or more years of research experience
- Junior Researcher Fellowship: Assistant professor level or below/ PhD holder with less than 7 years of research experience
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship: Doctoral candidates who have completed all academic requirements except for their dissertation (i.e., ABD) from institutions outside Korea. (? Those who completed their PhD courses at Korean schools or institutions are ineligible for pre-doctoral fellowship)
- Those who have received AKS fellowship within the last 3 years(based on application submission date) are ineligible for this program.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students can apply for this graduate fellowship.
Method of Application:
- Applicants should submit the required documents (scan file) by e-mail only.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Senior & Junior Research Fellowship
(1) 1 Application form
(2) 1 Curriculum Vitae(CV)
(3) Certificate of Employment
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship
(1) 1 Application form
(2) Masterâ€™s and Doctoral Program Transcript(1 each)
(3) 1 certificate of PhD course completion(Document that proves ABD status)
(4) 1 Curriculum Vitae(CV)
(5) 2 Reference Letters(1 from PhD dissertation director)
Applicants who have Korean citizenship should submit permanent residence document.
All applications and required documents should be prepared in English or Korean only. If not, the certified translation document (English or Korean) must be attached.
Applicants who can give lectures in AKS, please specify in the application form.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â October 15, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link