The Norwegian University of Science and Technology is a public research university with campuses in the cities of Trondheim, GjÃ¸vik, and Aalesund in Norway, and has become the largest university in Norway, following to the university merger in 2016.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is delighted to offer its PhD position in the field of Systems Virology and Immunology (SVIM). The position is available for international students.
The aim of the position is to support applicants who have a solid background in bioinformatics and statistics.
Course Level:Â Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject:Â Position is awarded in the field of Systems Virology and Immunology (SVIM).
Scholarship Award:Â PhD Candidates (in code 1017) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 436 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 436 500 â€“ 499 200 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Number of Scholarships:Â Not known
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Norway
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A MSc in bioinformatics, statistics, or relevant field (completed or in progress â€“ should be completed by 31.12.2017).
- A strong academic record with a weighted average grade of masterâ€™s with a grade of B or higher, in accordance with NTNUâ€™s grading system, or equivalent education.
- A solid background in bioinformatics and statistics.
- A track record of scientific publications, participation in national and international scientific projects, and collaborations with academic groups or biotech companies.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Nationality:Â International Students are eligible to apply for the scholarship
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have MSc degree in bioinformatics, statistics, or relevant field.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Method of Application:Â
Applicants can apply via online:
- The application shall contain the following attachments:
- Applicantsâ€™ CV (including list of publications).
- Copy of relevant transcripts/diplomas.
- Short statement on the applicantâ€™s personal qualifications and motivation for the position.
- Contact information for two references.
- Other relevant documents.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â August 31, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link