Kingâ€™s College London (informally Kingâ€™s or KCL) is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a founding constituent college of the federal University of London. Kingâ€™s is regarded as one of the top multidisciplinary research universities in the world, ranked 21st in the world in the 2016/17 QS World University Rankings, and 36th in the world by the 2016/17 the World Rankings.
The Kingâ€™s College London is delighted to offer its PhD Studentships in Economic Measurement. Studentships are available for Home/EU and International/Overseas students.
The aim of these Studentships is to support international students who are interested in developing their research interests in economic statistics and applied econometrics.
Course Level:Â Studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject:Â Studentships are awarded in the field of economic statistics and measurement.
Scholarship Award: Studentships are will cover the following:
- Tuition fees at Home/EU rate (currently Â£4600).
Please note that International/Overseas students will be required to find funding to cover the difference between Home/EU fees and international fees.
- A stipend of circa Â£16,296 pa for 3 years.
Number of Scholarships:Â One or two studentships are available.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ UK
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates should have a quantitative Masters degree in Economics or related areas (normally with Distinction) from an internationally recognised academic institution.
- And be interested in developing their research interests in economics statistics and applied econometrics.
Nationality:Â Home/EU and International/Overseas students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have masterâ€™s degree in Economics or related areas.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Method of Application:
Applicants can apply via email:
- Applicants must submit following documents at the time of application-
- A curriculum vitae.
- A covering letter explaining your interest and aptitude for these research projects, in particular:
- Why you are attracted to this particular opportunity
- Details of your quantitative skills
- Details of your knowledge of economics, statistics and econometrics
- Descriptions of previous projects you have completed
- How the studentship fits with your career aspirations.
- The cover letter should state if you are applying for the Modern Economy or the Labour Markets studentship.
- The successful candidates will be required to apply formally to Kingâ€™s College London Doctoral programme, at which time the following document will be required:
A 2000 word research proposal describing the research project you wish to carry out.
- Candidates should apply to mary.omahony-at-kcl.ac.uk
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 8, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link